Friday, February 21, 2014

Five for Friday - February 21

I am linking up with Kacey for all the fun things that happened this week.





I did some sewing when I was on my break.   I knew I had to make these for the girls as soon as I saw it on Pinterest.  I made two sets of each apron - one for school and one for the grand daughters.


Snow White


Cinderella's Work Apron.  My girls love them, one of the boys was wearing the apron during kitchen time, this week.  He told me that I needed to make some guy aprons - maybe I will get to it this weekend.






I made another flannel board activity.  The little people were matching the crayons to the color words.  We had lots of sounding out and talking going on in the room.  It was a great activity for my TK kiddos.





We are getting ready for Open House in March and doing an animal around the world theme.  We made these huge Pandas when we did Chinese New Year.  They each have their own personalities.  A couple of them at the top are zombie Pandas, according to one of my little ones - we forgot the white part of the eyes.




My antique store search was a success on Saturday.  I found a bunch of stuff, but only bought a few things.


I got so excited when I saw this brooch, it is perfect for the bouquet.  I did go over my spending limit on this one, because I had to have it.  I found other ones, but I needed to start with this one.  I sent my niece a picture from the store and she fell in love with it.  It is about 3 inches tall.  It is going to be hard giving this one up.


I, also, found some old keys for her wedding.  She wanted to use them for the table seating tags.  Of course, we saw the idea on Pinterest.  I think these are going to be a little harder to find.


The antique Valentine cards were still out and on sale.  So, I had to buy all the teacher Valentine cards.  They just make me happy.  I think old Valentine cards are so much cuter than the modern ones.




On Sunday, we went to San Pedro for lunch with one of my sons and his family.


Yum,  hubby is a sweetie because he cracks and takes the meat out of the shell for me. I didn't eat crab when he was gone, because it is such a pain to eat.  I missed him.


Yup, we ate at the Crusty Crab.  I kept looking for Sponge Bob, lol.


We were walking along the boardwalk and spotted this old building.  It looked like it was straight out of the movies.  We were fascinated with it.

Bonus

I have to post a picture of one of the grandkids.


Miss Remie Rose.  She crinkles up her whole face when she smiles, it is the cutest thing.  I love my grandbabes

Have a great weekend.

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I was at Michael's last weekend and in their dollar spot by the registers, there were a TON of old looking keys. Maybe you can find them!

    Nicki
    Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete