Friday, March 14, 2014

Five for Friday - March 14, 2014


I am linking up with Kacey for this week's Linky Party. 



Last night, was Open House and I survived - sorta of.  I am home sick today, heading to the doctor's office in a bit.


We did a Zoo theme while visiting different countries.  We learned about two different animals from each country.  Then, my TK kids made one animal and my Kinder partner made the other.  I took pictures of all the kids wearing something that you would associate with that country.

For Africa, we learned about lions and giraffes.  My kids did the lions.  In the pictures, the kids were wearing safari hats that we found for super cheap.

Two of my moms are teachers - so I felt really good when they were taking tons of pictures of the art and the writing.  I kept getting hugs from them, they were so impressed.  I, always, stress out at Open House - which is probably why I got sick.

I will post more pictures this weekend.




My happy toes.


I got a pedicure this week.  My poor feet have been locked up in shoes, forever.  Of course, my kiddos noticed them right away.  The girls loved the color.  I had to get a pedicure, because this is our weather this week in California and I will be in flip flops all week.  Woo hoo



Sorry, snow people.  But this is way too hot for March.




We brought out the hula hoops this week.  


How can these babes be so good at doing this?

This little cutie told me that she could do 3 hoops at one time and she did. Amazing. 

 I am so jealous.  I a hula hooping failure.  







We took a trip to Disneyland on Sunday for my daughter in law's birthday.  Oh my gosh, there were so many people there - it was crazy and hot.  My grand kids were not very good campers because of the heat and the crowds.  People kept bumping into their strollers.  Everyone was in a hurry.  But, we still had a blast at the happiest place on earth.

As we were leaving I did a head slap - I remembered that the rest of the World is probably, on Spring Break. Year round schools don't get a Spring Break

I do get 5 weeks off in May.






My favorite thing about Disneyland is the caramel apples.  This lovely is the March special.  

A green apple dipped in caramel, then in milk chocolate.  They cover it with white chips, milk chocolate chips and dark chips.  To make it extra yummy, they drizzle all that chocolate goodness down the side.  Yummmm.

I changed my blog address to just kinderprincess.blogspot.com - so if you follow on my old blog thefirstgradeprincess - please follow this blog.  Thank you.  Have a great weekend.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment