Monday, July 14, 2014

Monday Make It - July 14

I am linking up with  Tara for Monday Make it.  I get really sad when these weekly creative sessions are over with.



I have been busy creating a bunch of goodies for my classroom and at home for the grandbabes.  I love it when I can be creative, it helps relax me. First up is something that I made for my grandbabes.







I knitted 3 of these dresses for the younger girls to wear on the 4th of July,  but was only able to get a picture of one of them wearing it since we were gone for the 4th.  The yarn is hand dyed by a friend in Colorado.  Each stripe is a different ball of yarn.



I still need to get a picture of all the girls in the dresses, but I was so tired this weekend from the first week of school - it didn't happen






Next, is something I made for  my TK/Kinder Team with some help from a couple of friends.



I had these red bags, so I asked my new TK partner if she would put every one's name on them.  They are a nice canvas bag.  I added a calendar that I made for each teacher and a custom made cup that I bought from one of the PTA moms.  She personalized each cup.  The girls were thrilled when I passed them out at our first day meetings.  I need to make a couple more for my old First Grade Team, they were a little sad.



I bought the Teacher Planner from The Learning Effect and just used the calendar portion.  I, actually, have two different versions of her planner and love it.


I got permission from Tiffany to make the calendars, since I was prefilling in all the dates.

I filled in dates of all our Team's birthdays, staff meetings, track on and track off dates (we are a year round school), conference dates and meeting dates.  I printed them at home using a thicker paper - 32 pound.  It is not as heavy as cardstock but works well.  I laminated the front and back cover.  Staples spiral bound them for me. It took some time to make them, but they all loved them - so it was worth it.. 




I made something for my classroom.  The rosettes were fun to make, but time consuming.  I love the way they make this board look - so I would make them again.  Our custodian took a picture of the board to show his girlfriend, too cute.


I used 4 sheets of construction paper and a 6 inch circle of scrapbook paper for the middle.  The black one is 20 inches across and the yellow ones are 18.  They are easy to make, it just takes time to score and fold these many rosettes.


This yellow one is 20 inches, just a closer look.  We are doing a Disney theme this year, so you can see a Mickey paper middle.


Then I used my Cricut to cut 5 1/2 inch Mickey heads out of construction paper.  I took pictures the first day of school and we added them to the center of the Mickey head.  I forgot to take a picture, it is adorable. 

 Ignore the mess in front of the board, we were setting up the room.


Here is the board, I am in love with it.  It took some time, but it was so worth it.  You can see I made smaller ones for the opposite sides of the board

I am going to check out what everybody has been busy making this week.  Enjoy your summer, but think of me because I already went back to school.  Sigh.

Pin It!

18 comments:

  1. Your rosettes look great! I made some small ones this spring, but I'm loving your large ones.
    Mrs. Brown Loves Bookworms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The big ones are 10 x 18, 4 sheets of paper - scored every inch.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, the little girl wearing it makes it adorable too.

      Terri

      Delete
  3. Those flowers are amazing. I may try to do a couple of purple ones for my bulletin board. I pinned it.. Thanks
    Sarah

    Kovescence of the Mind

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terri! So CUTE! That dress is adorable! I love your back to school teacher gifts and your littles must LOVE that Mickey Mouse theme!
    Take Care!
    Jenn
    A Pirates Life for Us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They love it Jenn, especially since we are in California.

      Terri

      Delete
  5. I LOVE you girls' dresses. Adorable!!! I'm also a huge Disney Fanatic! I made chevron mickey heads to display my student numbers for their cubbies this year, so I adore your bulletin board. Very cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see your Mickey heads, they sound so cute.

      Terri

      Delete
  6. Terri, I was wondering where you had been...and then realized I wasn't following you anymore. Then I remembered you were doing something with your web address. I'm back on track following you now. The dress is adorable and the Disney themed board is AWESOME! Love!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, I love the Mickey heads! Very cute!
    Kelly
    MyFabulousClass

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your girl's dresses are adorable!! Great job...and that bulletin board.... amazing!! :) Looks awesome.
    Ana
    Mrs. Bentin's Blackboard

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the rosettes! I need to make some of these before school starts!

    Heather Q
    My Clever Endeavors

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute, well everything! I saw an older posting of your classroom. I especially loved your calendar. Can you please tell what you use the green construction papers labeled with the days of the week?

    thefirstgradeprincess.blogspot.ca/search/label/classroom%20decor

    ReplyDelete